Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 26th February 2008

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
Tucson Convention Center - Tucson, Arizona

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 26th February on Sci Fi at 10/9c - LIVE
UK: Thursday 28th February on Sky Sports 3 at 11.30pm

Unique Experience
26th February 2008

CM Punk made it known on the last ECW that even though he might not have gold around his waist, he is still the man to beat in the Land of the Extreme. Alongside newly named 2008 Hall of Famer Ric Flair, he disposed of the self-proclaimed "Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke. Who is next on the Straightedge Superstar's list of victims? Has ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero fallen off the former champion's radar? Or will he seek revenge for his loss to at No Mercy?

Also on ECW, Colin Delaney suffered another tough loss at the hands of The Miz. Tommy Dreamer rushed to help him fight off attacks by the WWE Tag Team Champions, but The Miz & John Morrison proved to be too much for them to handle. Will Delaney find a way to leave his mark on the ECW roster? Could he be a mainstay?

Stevie Richards rolled to his second consecutive victory since returning to action. The ECW Original has already started to work his way up the ranks of the Land of the Extreme. With even throat surgery not able to stop him, how far will he go?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW this Thursday Night at 11.30pm on Sky Sports 3!

Nemesis Enforcer

Its official Colin Delaney is the most entertaining guy on the whole roster, infact on all 3 rosters! I loved him in the backstage segment with Dreamer asking if Tommy thought he would get his own music if he becomes a champion one day :lol: Dreamer/Delaney vs Miz & Morrison was also a really good match

I thought it was another good show this week overall, main event was a good 3 way match which did no-one involved any harm at all

Did I really see a "don't try this at home" type promo but about achiving your dreams by WWE saying

No drugs
No 'roids

on the show or was it my imagination?

Rebekah

Yeah i was slightly bemused by the 'no drugs, no roids' promo

As for the show Delaney/Dreamer vs Morrison/Miz was a decent tag match and it was nice to see Colin win at last. Nice also to see Elijah back in the main event.

Nemesis Enforcer

So it wasn't my imagination then!

I just came back from the loo when it was starting and when it was over I wasn't sure if i'd seen it or imagined it :lol:

Nimf

Subscriber
What on earth was going on in the Triple Threat match? All sorts of mistakes.

Plus, what on earth was going on with Tazz's shirt? Seriously, they get worse and worse...

DC

The main-event was littered with mistakes, which was a shame. I'm starting to go off CM Punk though, mainly because the result of the triple-threat was super-obvious and it seems that no-one is going to get a shot at the ECW title while he is still on the brand.

Colin Delaney was great backstage and the blind-tag near the start if the match was awesome.

Al Stevens

Its official Colin Delaney is the most entertaining guy on the whole roster, infact on all 3 rosters! I loved him in the backstage segment with Dreamer asking if Tommy thought he would get his own music if he becomes a champion one day :lol: Dreamer/Delaney vs Miz & Morrison was also a really good match
I have to admit Colin Delaney as won me over and i really hope the WWE have seen they have got something great there and give him the contract