Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 18th November 2008

What Did You Think of the 128'th Edition of ECW on Sci-Fi?

• Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Very Poor

• Total voters

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
The Philips Arena - Atlanta, Georgia

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 18th November on Sci Fi at 9/8c
UK: Friday 21st November on Sky Sports 3 at 12am

As SmackDown had a double taping in Manchester, England last week, ECW will be taped before Monday Night RAW this week, at The Philips Arena in Atlanta.

After a long, gruelling European tour, the ECW Superstars will be in action on the final stop on the road towards Survivor Series this coming Sunday!

TPIB

Matt Hardy, Finlay, & Kofi Kingston Vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, & William Regal in a 6-Man Tag Match is confirmed for the main event of ECW. My question is- what is Finlay doing in there? He's not even in the Elimination Match this is supposed to be a preview of.

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
wrestlezone.com

WWE taped this week's edition of ECW from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

ECW: (Airing This Week)
* The Miz & John Morrison are out to talk about their match at Survivor Series. They are part of Team JBL (JBL, The Miz, John Morrison, MVP, Kane) that will take on Team Michaels (HBK, Cryme Tyme, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali).

* DJ Gabriel w/Alicia Fox b. Unknown Jobber
- DJ Gabriel gets the win via pinfall after a shoulder take down off the middle rope.

* Jack Swagger b. Tommy Dreamer in an All American Challenge match.
- Jack got the win via disqualification. After the match he goes backstage and demands a rematch. Teddy Long announced Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer in an Extreme Rules match for next week.

* Matt Hardy, Finlay & Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes & William Regal in a six man tag match is announced for later.

* Matt Striker is out to talk about the Team Batista (Batista, R-Truth, ECW Champion Matt Hardy and World Tag Team Champions CM Punk & Kofi Kingston) vs. Team Orton (Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Intercontinental Champion William Regal, United States Champion Shelton Benjamin and Mark Henry) match at Survivor Series.

* Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes & William Regal b. Matt Hardy, Finlay & Kofi Kingston vs. in a six man tag match
- Mark Henry comes out first with Tony Atlas. The rest follow. Mark Henry gets the win following the world's strongest slam.
Dark:

Dark Match:
* "Michael Hayes" Haas b. Mike ? in a dark match with a DDT.

Dark Main Event:
* Matt Hardy b. Mark Henry
Following the six man tag match, Mark Henry comes back to the ring and says he didn't get Hardy. Hardy comes back to the ring for the dark main event. Henry loses via countout.

FreeSpirit

I loved DJ Gabriel and Alicia Fox's entrance. Can't believe he's ben suspended already though, that's quite amusing.

FreeSpirit

Credit:
sescoops.com

DJ Gabriel – the newest member of ECW General Manager Theodore Long's New Superstar Initiative – made his debut on last night's edition of ECW on Sci Fi. With former wedding planner Alicia Fox in his corner, Gabriel defeated Sal Rinauro with the European uppercut, which is apparently his finishing maneuver.

Gabriel is Steve Lewington, and was signed to a developmental contract following the spring 2007 European tour in which he wrestled Umaga at the UK Raw taping. WWE signed a handful of European wrestlers following this particular tour including Lewington, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Hade Vansen, Chris Gray and Tommy Taylor. It looks like Lewington is the first wrestler of the group to actually make it in WWE as McIntyre was quickly sent back to developmental following a handful of matches. Gray & Taylor have since been released, Vansen is M.I.A., and Drew McIntyre & Sheamus are still plying their trade in Florida Championship Wrestling.

Lewington also appeared as a jobber on Raw during WWE's two tours of England in 2005. Carlito beat him up during a Cabana segment and he once wrestled Kurt Angle as a jobber.

TPIB

I loved DJ Gabriel and Alicia Fox's entrance. Can't believe he's ben suspended already though, that's quite amusing.
:lol: That's made up, G2G. It hasn't been reported anywhere and it would be for 30 Days, not 21. I think he was making a statement about how muscular DJ is.

MastersGonads

That's made up, G2G. It hasn't been reported anywhere and it would be for 30 Days, not 21. I think he was making a statement about how muscular DJ is.
Sorry my bad...Yeah I made it up...

Take a look at Lewington from any previous tour where he has been used and now, and you will get my point though...

DC

Sorry my bad...Yeah I made it up...

Take a look at Lewington from any previous tour where he has been used and now, and you will get my point though...
He does look a "little" different to when I saw him on the UK Scene.

Oh, and Matt Striker deserves kudos for getting Alex Wright, Steven Regal AND Marc Rocco a mention in the same show.