• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Drinking Water After Waking Up

Ratings
There's Japanese research that's been popping up in the social media about drinking water after waking up. Has anyone tried doing this and see a positive result? I'm going to try it for a month and see how it works out for me.

Ratings
I have been drinking water after waking up for quite a while, although I have never paid much attention to the impact it has on me. I know the body loses water as you sleep, so it makes sense to rehydrate in the morning.

Ratings
I've seen this and variations, like hot lemon water, on fitness sites. It's wise advice but I think I'd rather have tea, coffee, or seltzer first thing in the morning!

Ratings
I have a cup of hot bean water when I wake up, otherwise known as coffee. Drinking straight water unsettles my stomach when I drink it first thing in the morning. Seems weird, but it is what it is.

Ratings
I think it does have some benefits to drink water right after you wake up, like it wakes you up and kickstarts your metabolism, but I highly doubt it in itself has any effect on weightloss or anything else long term.

Ratings
Well, I occasionally drink water in the morning but most of the time, this is one or two hours after waking up. What are the common benefits associated with this habit? I try to drink as many as 8 glasses of water throughout the day because of the great benefits of being hydrated.