Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Dominance in football is slowly fading away

Ratings
A while back, it wasn't easy for teams like Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona to lose a match. Of late, things seem to have really changed. There is more TV revenue and the teams that were regarded as 'small' a few years ago, are easily strengthening and getting depth in their squads. The lack of dominance possibly means that there is increased competition, leading to the game gaining more popularity.

Ratings
Talking of Arsenal, it was interesting to see that recently they drew against Crystal Palace at an away game (Selhurst Park). I actually thought Palace might win.

I am glad to see the smaller teams strengthening.

I am not a big footie fan, but when I lived in South London I would occasionally go and see Palace play.

Ratings
Arsenal enjoyed the greater possession but overall, the hosts had more goal attempts (16), in comparison to the visitors' 7. The effect of the smaller teams strengthening is increased competition in all the major leagues around the world.

Castle

Ratings
The sport has really changed over the last decade or so, and many of the teams, even the ones that were considered small, now earn enough money to be able to acquire good players, staff and equipment. They have been able to upgrade their training resources and methods, making them more competitive against the top teams.

Ratings
The sport has really changed over the last decade or so, and many of the teams, even the ones that were considered small, now earn enough money to be able to acquire good players, staff and equipment. They have been able to upgrade their training resources and methods, making them more competitive against the top teams.
In a way, this makes the sport even more interesting. Who wants to watch a game where you can obviously tell the team that will carry the day? Leicester won the premier league in the 2015-2016 season, against all odds. It would be awesome to see this replicated in other leagues, across the globe.

Ratings
Real Madrid were thumped 3-0 by Eibar over the weekend. Not only did the hosts play well; they also scored really clinical goals. Other teams watching last season's Champions League winners get thumped will definitely believe that they can also win against them.