Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Does anyone still read the original materials?

Pluto

I'm talking about the popular adapted series such as the MCU or DCEU. This kind of title is very intriguing for movie enthusiasts like myself, but I still don't feel like jumping into the comics right away. Given that new issues are still being printed, I believe they still have a dedicated fanbase, no matter how small it is.

Has anyone ever decided to check the original materials of these popular adaptations?

Snarky-Guru

I've never been much of a comic book fan. I find them choppy and hard to follow. I don't have a strong enough imagination to fill out the story. I never thought about checking the original source material, but I've been exposed to the basics online. Usually by comic book purists who believe the movies shouldn't deviate from the comics very much. I think it gives a good overview.