Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Do you watch the talent search shows?

Ratings
[xxx] Idol, [yyy]'s Got Talent, The X Factor, So You Think You Can Dance, and so on. (The singing contests seem more prominent, but I mean to include all of them.) How do you like these shows? I used to watch Britain's Got Talent, American Idol, and the random dance battle episodes, but I wasn't particularly invested.

Ratings
[xxx]. . .[yyy]'s.
I'm daft - It took me far too long to realize those were variable placeholders. I don't catch the show every time, but I'm fond of Britain's Got Talent. There's always something different to see so it doesn't get boring. I also like that the contestants span different age groups which is uncommon for programmes like this.

Ratings
The newest BGT series is not very impressive though. Almost all Golden Buzzer candidates are singers. The father-son duo makes a good performance but nothing unique. The 10-year-old pair dancing Latin like professional adults surprised me in a good way, but their comments about meeting on a website and claiming a future marriage were disturbing. I enjoyed the guest performances more and that says a lot.