Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Do you have a swimming pool? A jacuzzi?

Ratings
If you do, can I come over? :angel: I don't have a swimming pool, but I would love to have one. A couple of my aunts and uncles had pools at their houses, but both of those couples downsized their homes, so no more pools! It's really hot out today, a friend who has a swimming pool would come in handy right now.
:explode:

Last edited:

scatman

Ratings
How do you downsize a pool? 1 million cubic yards of dirt? Or were they the above-ground pools?

But no, I don't have a pool. I would rather go to a California beach. I like to swim, but not enough to actually buy a pool.

Ratings
How do you downsize a pool? 1 million cubic yards of dirt? Or were they the above-ground pools?

But no, I don't have a pool. I would rather go to a California beach. I like to swim, but not enough to actually buy a pool.
How do you downsize a pool? I have no idea. I said they downsized their homes, not their pools.
In answer to your other question... both, one was in-ground replete with a jacuzzi a few feet away (I miss that house), the other was an above ground pool. I like a pool more for lounging in, not so much swimming. A few inflatable pool loungers, a few drinks, good company, intelligent conversation, a nice swimming pool... and a fun time will more than likely be had by all.

Ratings
I don't have a pool and I don't think I could be trusted with one. There's a lot of upkeep involved that I'm just not responsible enough to deal with. We have a hot tub here (we're in a rental) but we asked for that to be turned off so that we don't have to deal with it. I've never really liked hot tubs. I get hot (and bored) way too easily.

Ratings
If you do, can I come over? :angel: I don't have a swimming pool, but I would love to have one. A couple of my aunts and uncles had pools at their houses, but both of those couples downsized their homes, so no more pools! It's really hot out today, a friend who has a swimming pool would come in handy right now.
:explode:
I can appreciate that sentiment in this hot weather! Unfortunately in Britain not many people have pools due to the cool climate. If anyone in Britain does have a pool, it tends to be an indoor one, not an outdoor one. However I can see all that changing with the heatwaves that are now predicted to happen in the coming years, and people may well start going for outdoor pools.

Some people have jacuzzis or hot tubs - perhaps those would be good to have to just cool off in the hot weather? But instead of a hot tub, make it a cool tub - in fact let's stick some ice in it!

Ratings
I wish I did. In this heat wave (we have one here in the UK as well, it's still going) I almost bought an inflatable one, but just as I was thinking about it the temperatures dropped. I think I should get one for next summer though, apparently, it is just going to get hotter.