Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Disposable Gadgets

Meerkat

I miss those days when electronic gadgets would be useful for many years. The gadgets of today don't last as long as they were in the past. My new laptop that was bought 4 months ago is slowing down already.

Boomer

Sometimes I'm tempted to upgrade if I'm having a patchy video call. Problems might be from the other side, and I have a good recent laptop, but I'll still wonder.

Zack T

It really depends on the quality you get. I built my computer over 2 years ago and it's still very powerful. My guess is you ended up buying a laptop that doesn't have very modern parts in it. It's pretty common for places selling pre-built systems to throw in cheaper parts but act like it's really good. Plus laptops are more expensive as a rule anyway due to cramming everything in to a small space.

I've had my iPhone 6 since it was released in September of 2013 as well. I replaced its battery last year when Apple was offering 30 dollar battery replacements cause that's the only thing that had really gotten bad on it was battery life, but now it's super again.

I've had my Phillips TV for 6 or 7 years at this point, no dead pixels yet.

My Microwave has lasted 4 years so far.