Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Did Nia Jax really wallop Becky Lynch's nose or was it kayfabe?

Ratings
I'm a Rousey fangirl and was looking forward to the match between Rousey and Becky Lynch. I didn't see the match or backstage dustup that led to Becky's injury. Is this whole thing a part of kayfabe or did Nia Jax really wallop her nose? I wasn't expecting Charlotte Flair at all but maybe it's common to switch performers. It was a good match, but I'm unable to tell what's real and what's kayfabe. I'm assuming Charlotte didn't really wound Rousey to where she needed help out of the ring, but I also assumed Becky's nose was fine.

Ratings
Nia Jax is a sloppy wrestler with a history of hurting others in the ring. Accidents happen, but it looked like she hit Becky dead on. Nia is a heel, but that was just ridiculous. Plus, if you check out her twitter feed you'll see she doesn't appear the least bit sorry like we saw with the Diva twin who injured Liv Morgan (can't remember which twin it was as they bore me). It becomes easier to pick out kayfabe from genuine injuries and reactions once you've been a fan for a while. Honestly though, there's been a ton of mishaps in the past year or two from the men and the women.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
197 2
The injury is for real, they wouldn't have changed the match last minute like they ended up doing.

In regards to the Twitter comments, I think Becky/Nia are just capitalising on that accident and making the most of it. Now, when they do have a match/face-off it will make it that much more special. I'd expect to see some kind of confrontation one way or another at the Royal Rumble between the two.

Zack T

Ratings
80 1
Reportedly, Nia Jax is not being looked at fondly backstage right now by other wrestlers. However I agree with Kam that WWE is having them play this up on twitter for more realism and attention.