Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Deep splinter

Poppy

I have a small splinter that's rather deep. Does anyone know how to draw it out without cutting into the skin? It's on my finger, but it doesn't hurt and it isn't swollen.

Dust and Rust

Soak it hot water, maybe? If anything, just let it be and let your system disintegrate it in it's own time. In time, you'll forget all about it.

ShadowEdge

I agree with @Dust and Rust. If it's not swollen, throbbing, hot, or red, then you likely don't have an infection and can leave it be. If feel you must get it out, then slather on some drawing salve and leave it on overnight with a bandage over it. The splinter should work its way out. Then apply some antibacterial cream.

DandyMandy

I don't recall ever having a splinter, but I've heard that you can put a piece of tape over it and hope that your body expels it through the night. No clue if that's true or not.