Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Decade of SmackDown Discussion Thread - October 2, 2009 from Boston, MA

TPIB

Venue
TD Garden in Boston, MA

(A Decade of SmackDown was taped following ECW on September 29)

Confirmed Matches/Events

8-Man Tag:
John Cena, The Undertaker, & D-Generation X Vs. CM Punk, Randy Orton, & Legacy

The Rock To Appear In A Taped Segment

Vickie Guerrero To Appear

RAW, SmackDown, & ECW Superstars To Appear

Final Build To WWE Hell in a Cell

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

The Promotional Video:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l23n904jYrU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l23n904jYrU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Promotional Poster:

Cathal

--Dwayne Johnson will be appearing in a taped segment on the 10th anniversary Smackdown this week. A WWE crew filmed the promo this past week at his home.
Gotta laugh at all the people that said he would never be involved with wrestling again in that Rock thread a few weeks back.

Last edited:

JC

Gotta laugh at all the people that said he would never be involved with wrestling again in that Rock thread a few weeks back.
He won't be. This does not show him being involved. It shows WWE have tried to get him to come to the show and he's basically snubbed them except for suggesting they do all the work and come to his house to record something.

Safe to say, doesn't show much effort to be involved.

Dave7g

He did it for Raw too. You'll notice that he'll be conveniently seated very near a poster of a shitty movie that he's trying to flog too.

Jung

Yeah it's hardly The Rock back in WWE. He's just posting a 2 minute video appearance, not actually appearing in the arena, in angles, etc etc. So yeah I'd take a minute to sit back and think before you gloat.

Although if The Rock is on the show then I imagine Franchise will be placing a bet now on Smackdown breaking all kinds of ratings records.

Jimmy Redman

Yeah, basically all of this. Its just a pre-tape, it means nothing. He did one in 2007 for Raw, doesnt mean he didnt distance himself as far away as possible from wrestling before and after he did it.

I cant wait for this show so bad. I just got the Smackdown DVD set, I'm going to watch it this week in anticipation.

Cathal

If he doesn't want to associate himself with wrestling then why do it? Makes no sense.

Also, according to Meltzer, he wants to and is very excited about being guest host of Raw sometime soon. So yeah.

The Icon

Meltzer can kiss my ass, he isn't god, and he is wrong often enough.

This is just Rock advertising a film. I hope they put on a good show.

Jimmy Redman

If he doesn't want to associate himself with wrestling then why do it? Makes no sense.

Also, according to Meltzer, he wants to and is very excited about being guest host of Raw sometime soon. So yeah.
Because...its just a pre-tape. Its not like he's coming back, or even appearing live on a show, or even guest hosting Raw (yet). Its the absolute minimal involvement possible. So I dont think it really contradicts anything I've at least been saying about him. He's a movie star now, he's not coming back to wrestling. A pre-tape for a reunion show and maybe a guest host spot (used primarily for outside celebrities) doesnt change that.

Even Bret Hart did a pre-tape for Raw in 2007, you wouldnt say he was particularly involved with WWE then.

Cathal

I never said he'd come back to wrestling. Of course he won't. The Rock thread asked if he'd ever be guest host of Raw, it was shot down by the majority yet I'd put money on him doing it. Also, my comment was more to the people who said he'd never associate himself with wrestling again, haven't a notion if you said it or not, but in my book, even appearing on a wrestling show in a minimal part is association.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
A pre-taped promo? He can't even be bothered to turn up to the arena, and people are acting like he's having one more match. He's doing as little as physically possible. Lest we forget, this show is all but NAMED after him

Jung

I have a horrible feeling that the WWE will bury her on it. I'd like to be proved wrong.

Jimmy Redman

She was the biggest heel in years and the show was pretty much built around her for a while, so yeah I'd say thats something.

And at Jung, apparently she's not going to be in character and is just doing the Eddie tribute. So I wouldnt expect it.

Having said that, I have no idea how they think she can come out and not get booed.

Listening to F4D now, here are a couple of names Bryan announced as assumed to be there, spoilered in case you want to be surprised:

The Iron Sheik
Bret Hart in a pre-tape

Last edited:

ShaolinHandLock

She was the biggest heel in years and the show was pretty much built around her for a while, so yeah I'd say thats something.

And at Jung, apparently she's not going to be in character and is just doing the Eddie tribute. So I wouldnt expect it.

Having said that, I have no idea how they think she can come out and not get booed.

Listening to F4D now, here are a couple of names Bryan announced as assumed to be there, spoilered in case you want to be surprised:

The Iron Sheik
Bret Hart in a pre-tape
The Iron Sheik appearing on SmackDown would rule. :)

Of course, this being PG era, he can't go on one of his expletive laden rants. :lol:

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
What business does
Bret Hart
have being there? Considering how selective he is about his appearances, this seems an odd choice.

Springsteen

WWE Friday Night Smackdown Tapings for October 2 (10th Anniversary):

- A party is shown going on with WWE stars.

- Batista def. Kane.

- More of the party going on backstage is shown. Hornswoggle slapped Maria on the ass and Michael Cole yelled out, "Vintage Hornswoggle!" Finlay wanted to do a shot with Cole and Teddy Long, but CM Punk got involved and wanted Smackdown to be alcohol free. Vickie Guerrero showed up and announced she is back with WWE full time and will be Eric Esobar's manager. Santino also showed up dressed as The Undertaker and mocked Long. Long took a shot.

- A tribute to Eddie Guerrero aired.

- More fun from the backstage party. Cole made a little joke about Hornswoggle and Hornswoggle kicked him in the shin. Mark Henry and MVP had a VIP area setup. Zack Ryder tried to buy himself in. Sgt. Slaughter was allowed in with some WWE Divas, Matt Hardy and The Iron Sheik.

- Dolph Ziggler & The Miz def. WWE Intercontinental Champion John Morrison & WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston.

- A promo from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson airs.

- Michelle McCool def. Melina in a Lumberjill match to retain the WWE Women's Championship.

- Backstage, Long stopped the party when an incident between Drew McIntyre and R-Truth took place.

- The Undertaker, WWE Champion John Cena & DX def. WWE World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, Randy Orton & Legacy when Undertaker pinned Orton.