Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Dancing For Themselves

Dust and Rust

I was watching an NFL game yesterday, and first noticed one of the changes they have made. Since there is no crowd to do and end-zone dance for when a touchdown is made, there is a big screen on each end zone the players "dance" to when they score. Seems a little foolish to me, but I guess it makes the players feel.............good?

What do you think?

Ogmore

Well, I'm Welsh and the NFL is a decidedly American thing, but whatever helps them get into the zone is fine with me. I wouldn't be able to pull something like that off. I would feel too foolish. But good for those who rock it and enjoy celebrating with a dance. I mean, we are talking about a sport where the blokes smack each other's arse, so I don't think dancing is that major.

bosch5

With no crowd present, it is creative of the NFL to come up with a way to make the games livelier. It is an aggressive sport, and it helps to give the players a way to enjoy themselves during the game.

coleman

The players miss the crowds, and we can't conclusively say that most teams now have a home advantage. I think that this is a good idea, and other sports should think along these lines as well.