• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

D-Day Plus 75 Years

Ratings
I watched the whole series of Band of Brothers in commemoration of the sacrifice of those young men who fought in Normandy for the liberty that we are enjoying right now. I will watch Saving Private Ryan with my family this weekend to remember those who have given their lives on D-Day.

Ratings
My grandfather served in the Pacific theater during WW2. I love listening to his stories as it opens my mind to a different world. I don't know if I can do what he did if ever I will be in his situation.

Ratings
Even if we don't know anyone who served, we would do ourselves a favor by just listening to a WW2 vet. Taking an interest in and learning from from those people and experiences can make us better appreciate our freedoms.

Ratings
Thank you both for giving me an idea on how to give my respects to those veterans who were part of that terrible war. I will try to visit some friends of mine who have war vets in their families and give them a little token of my appreciation for their contribution to win the war.