Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Country Music

headrush

Do you listen to any country performers? I have a few Johnny Cash songs in my files and a couple others by Dolly Parton. I hardly ever play them, though.

Zack T

No. Mostly I just don't care for country music. It's not awful in itself, but I just don't care for it (Also don't care for Reggae for example). Also most country songs these days that I do stumble on seem to be more banter to play into conservative America and that ain't my ideology.

DandyMandy

Dolly Parton is super sweet in real life. I've met her twice because my grandmother was a big fan and she drug took me to two of her autograph signings at Dollywood. But no, I don't like country music. I never have.

Boomer

I saw part of Dolly Parton's 2014 Glastonbury set on MTV. She's awesome at working a gigantic crowd! She wrote a song just for that show, and it was cool seeing so many singing along.

Rambler

I like older country better than new, except for "Old Town Road." Cash and Parton are okay as well as Hank Williams and Willie Nelson.

whaleshark

I was just listening to Parton's "Jolene" in the car. Great voice, like a bird's. Other than her I don't like the genre. To me it starts sounding repetitive fast.

ShadowEdge

I'm from the South and I don't like country anything. Unfortunately, it's about the only genre that plays in public settings like stores and theaters. There's nothing like doing a little shopping while listening to a song about a dog getting shot and a wife running off.

Salome G

Country music largely died around 2000; I will accept no questions.

But I do love old-time country.