Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

browncoat

Has anyone found any good trading sites recently? I took a break from the game for about a year and a half and all my favorite sites are gone. Was there some kind of ban or restriction put in place? Valve never seemed to mind the trading of items before, but they did restrict the drop system in certain games that were being abused such as Team Fortress.

Snarky-Guru

I know that Valve started heavily restricting these trades due to scammers and bots. There was a lot of public outcry at that time and some players lost loads of money. I haven't played CS:GO in ages, so I'm not sure about trustworthy marketplaces. Reddit would probably be where I'd start looking for information and possible trades though.

browncoat

It's the same thing that always happens with these fun and useful tools for online communities. They start off small and a bit clunky, get a few revisions after public response. They seem to drastically improve during this phase, almost as if developers as a rule NEVER test their software before release for reasons that escape me. Then they start to get popular as people realize that it's a fun addition to the games they are playing, and since they are already enjoying the game why not add a bit of community to it? Then enters "The Internet." The community gets ruined and the tools abused to the point of either shutting down the project or the company increasing security and decreasing productivity and ease of use. It's a sad formula but at least Steam pushed forward with the trade system.