Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Could you lot help me test something?

A.C.

I think I've got my online media player working: my MacBook was getting too full with music so I've moved it all back to the Mac Mini in the house. Opera Unite is supposed to let you stream music.

I thought I had it working last night but I took the MacBook to the in-laws' today and it wouldn't connect. So I've tinkered and messed about and it should be working but as the MacBook's on the same network as the server I'm not sure if it's just connecting locally rather than via the internet.

Sooo..... Could you click on the link here?

http://macmini.mrmarkcollins.operaunite.com/media_player/

The password is: aibon321

Feel free to browse around and see what A.C. keeps in iTunes - have a listen!

I'll change the password tomorrow. ;)

And I know that some of the title formatting is out of whack - I've moved everything back to the desktop iTunes but I've not gone through and cleaned up the metadata yet.

Thanks all!

A.C.

He goes on the list. Only the first album though... ;)

[edit] Tell a lie, the second one wan't bad either.

Last edited:

A.C.

Right, it's up again. We'll see how long it lasts this time...

[edit] Changed some settings... Restarted Opera. Apologies if you were connected.

Last edited:

ViciousPrism

Jaysus Christ... Those are some biiiiiig MP3 files you got goin' there. Most like 15mb. DAMN.

A.C.

A couple of them are very large - the Nike+ runs spring to mind.

Where are you seeing the size of them?

A.C.

Damned PoS... The server end keeps crashing.

Anyone have any better ideas for streaming music over the net? Doesn't have to be fancy, I just want to be able to view my artists>albums>songs and play albums. Not too fussed about playlists or anything.