Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Copa America Betting Thread

Wolverine

NOTE - Users with very little money left (such as me) may wish to delay betting until they collect winnings from the Under-21 tournament.

Last edited:

Drake

Thanks Wolvy. And hence I have made my decision. Argentina. Crespo, Tevez, Messi, GET IN!

JC

I fancy Mexico..dunno why; always perform well regardless of the occassion.

Jung

Argentina or Brazil for me. Always enjoy these tournaments, simply because of the amount of new talent on show.

Mexico isn't a bad shout though. I think USA, Uruguay and Paraguay are outsiders also.

stevehayes2005

I thought the COPA america was for south america/central only? I thought the gold cup was for the concaaf and north america?

do teams have to qualify for this? i guess not as trinidad, canada or jamaica may have pipped venezuela or bolivia for places otherwise??

Wolverine

From Wiki:

The Copa América (Spanish: "America Cup") is the main international football competition in the Americas, and is run by CONMEBOL, the South American football confederation. It is the oldest international tournament in the world starting in 1916. It is important to note that usually two or three CONCACAF teams get an invitation to participate. Mexico has been a regular since they were invited for the first time in 1993. The participating nations are Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Two invited teams from other confederations complete the 12-team field. As CONMEBOL only has the 10 members mentioned above, there is no qualification tournament, neither is there a qualification tournament for invitees; they are invited on their own merits, such as by winning matches in World Cup finals or from qualification stages in their confederations. Mexico and USA are the two invitees for the 2007 cup.

Moobs

I went for Uruguay. Bar Argentina and Brazil, possibly Mexico, they're they strongest team in there...

BRM

Forum Leader
Can't see past Argentina really.

Brazil will miss Kaka.

Adam Gill

I've stuck 250 on Mexico, I think they have a good chance of winning it myself.

That was my first bet using this vBookie, I like it already though. :)

JC

I've stuck 250 on Mexico, I think they have a good chance of winning it myself.

That was my first bet using this vBookie, I like it already though. :)
Hopefully Marquez will be on his game. He's six shades of awesome.

Wolverine

10th June 2007
Honduras 2-1 Mexico

24th June 2007
USA 2-1 Mexico

I should've given them longer odds, to be honest.

JC

They'll beat Chile & Ecuador though..or so I'd like to think.

I think they could do okay against Brazil.

Build up to tournaments means nothing anyway. Considering how friggin brilliant England look coming up to any major tournament.

Red05

DAMN! I missed the betting here. :(

I would've put some dough on the Argies.