Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Concerns about the future

headrush

What about the future do you get somewhat to very concerned about? I wonder if mismatches between jobs, wages, and cost of living will get even more out of whack. Sorry for the downer topic!

Classified

Cyberattacks. Especially considering what just happened with Iran. That, and the electrical grid which, experts say, is more vulnerable for an attack than the internet.

Boomer

Economies that are better off than others are aging fast. If they aren't more welcoming to immigrants or aren't more kid- or family-friendly, who knows.

Zack T

I'm concerned about a massive event taking place that drastically changes our lives. Particularly, I'm thinking about war or attack related events. I'm hoping we never have a nuclear war, but it is possible. Perhaps even more likely though, precision attacks with weapons or hacking that knock down the internet or power sources. Countries sabotaging satellites in the sky. Stuff like that would be massively disruptive to our way of life, and I think maybe the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because perhaps folks out there can realize that if they attack another country in that way, they'll suffer similar retaliatory measures and it'll just escalate and soon we'll all end up with nonfunctional technology, living like we're in the 1800's but with the memory of 2020 tech and no one wants that.

TynBox

For every concern there is a preventative measure.

I'm concerned for the younger generation and how they will hold up to all the changes taking place. There is just something about the speed at which technology advances and peoples' ability to comprehend how that changes us that is concerning to me.

coleman

My main concern is whether we'll see more countries going the Brexit way and what the future holds, in terms of integration. Just like @Zack T, I am worried about more countries waging war against each other, as well as the nuclear threat.

Dust and Rust

The part of the future I get concerned about is my future. I'm concerned there won't be enough time to make sure my younger family members have a good deal left to them from me when I pass on. It gives me a restless feeling, as if I'm running out of time.