Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph

You're living in the past, man, quit living in the past. Instead of missing 2007 Sunny, fall in love with 2009 Michelle McCool.

DraVen

Yeah, I'd rather stab myself than give Michelle McC*nt any credit for anything.

Shaun2J

Do what thou wilt
Subscriber
Wouldn't want a 40+ year old emo behind my back.

Jimmy Redman

Cannot be done! and anyone who say they are in love with her are lying to themselves :p
:(

I had a feeling that something was wrong. It must be all the lying.

Not that I'm in love with her, she flits between my second and third favourite on Smackdown, depending on where Maryse is at.

Actually I'm now reminded to change my sig. I was waiting for the spoilers to lift then I forgot about it.

EDIT: I love the old 'Legend Killer' Randy Orton. And by that I mean mainly IC Title reign Orton. The Orton/Foley angle was fantastic, as was their match. Orton/RVD on Raw was also killer, and thats probably my favourite Raw episode ever. Its funny though, moves of his like the feet-on-the-rope DDT and the backbreaker, I always thought he only started using them as a main eventer, but he was already using them back in 2003.

And on another note, I just saw the Layla boot throw on CM Punk at Survivor Series, finally, and it was amazing. I love Layla.

Last edited:

DarkMatchJobber

A friend of mine forwarded a link to an interesting story from the WCW days when William Regal (as Lord Steven Regal) faced Goldberg in what was supposed to be a routine squash match but instead turned out to be one of the best matches Goldberg would ever have despite the fact that Regal started shooting on him from the opening bell!

I couldn't believe this and upon watching the match it was indeed a minor classic proving that Goldberg could wrestle!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8uinCPOu4

Paul

A friend of mine forwarded a link to an interesting story from the WCW days when William Regal (as Lord Steven Regal) faced Goldberg in what was supposed to be a routine squash match but instead turned out to be one of the best matches Goldberg would ever have despite the fact that Regal started shooting on him from the opening bell!

I couldn't believe this and upon watching the match it was indeed a minor classic proving that Goldberg could wrestle!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8uinCPOu4

Jesus, where to start?

First he didnt 'shoot' on Goldberg. He led the match and took Goldberg down a route he wasnt used to (and shouldnt have been wrestling), sure he took advantage of him but he didnt shoot. The match was... basic. Not a single thing outside of the jackhammer takes more than 3 training sessions to learn, and even then Goldberg looks clumsy and barely capable.

Minor classic my arse.

Fiona

Okay I hate to ask these questions but what does shooting on someone mean?

Paul

A shoot means, basicly, to actually hit/kick/do a move on them. Or in verbal terms to just tell the truth regardless of character or fed.

Basicly to do it for real. :p

Fiona

Cheers Darkie and King. Looked it up on Wiki but it was a little confusing for me. Understand it now.:thumbup2:

Nemesis Enforcer

Of course if somebody had taken up the fan in Powerslam mags idea 'shooting' on someone would have meant a whole different thing, what with his idea for 'Shotgun' a wrestler who's finisher was to shoot his opponent with a shotgun when the refs back was turned :lol:

DarkMatchJobber

Jesus, where to start?

First he didnt 'shoot' on Goldberg. He led the match and took Goldberg down a route he wasnt used to (and shouldnt have been wrestling), sure he took advantage of him but he didnt shoot. The match was... basic. Not a single thing outside of the jackhammer takes more than 3 training sessions to learn, and even then Goldberg looks clumsy and barely capable.

Minor classic my arse.
I was told that in Regal's book he said he shot on Goldberg but when Goldberg realised what was happening he started hitting harder and actually applying some wrestling.

Paul

No, he took advantage but didnt shoot on him. Thats obvious just from watching the clip.
Mind, Goldberg wasnt happy either way.

DC

Jesus, where to start?

Minor classic my arse.
Yeah, it's not shooting so much as simply being stiff. Goldberg wasn't happy (which you can tell just by looking at him), but if Regal was shooting on Bill, he wouldn't be put into an armbar.

Oh, the drop-down into the leg-lock was very well done, but the rest is clumsy and second-day-of-training bad.

DarkMatchJobber

I still think it was a refreshing change from the usual Goldberg squash match in WCW but firing Regal afterwards was just petty but at least he ended up in WWE.

Also was anyone surprised that Raven didn't form a WWE version of his Nest/Flock group during his last run in the company?

Just that someone with Raven's psychology and experience could have been a great mentor for some young talent both in the ring and when it comes to telling a story.

Murph

But I don't think WWE really wanted to do an idea already done by ECW and WCW. That's more TNA's style.

omojlol

Status
Not open for further replies.