Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Colin Kaepernick.......GO AWAY

scatman

If I spelled his name wrong, sorry.

Who else is getting tired of seeing this joker? The NFL organized an "event" for this guy to try out to get back in the NFL. But he goes ahead and demands his own venue, receivers, camera crew etc..... ends up cancelling that try-out and doing one on his own in a Kunta Kinte T-shirt. Really dude? The NFL bent over backwards to accommodate this joker, and this is what he does?

He's finished and he has no one to blame but himself.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Boomer

What also didn't help is that Jay-Z, one of Kaepernick's supporters, is supposedly disappointed with how he handled this opportunity. Should've been a focus on his skills. Clearly wasn't.

Greylien

So Colin...….tell me...…..how does it feel to be a disappointment to everyone who has supported you?
How does it feel to fail at the one job you have worked and trained for for so long, all because you put a personal agenda before anything else? An agenda, by the way, that has little basis in reality.

I'm sorry, but I never did like the guy too much. I never thought he was going to be one of the elite playes and he gives the game a bad name every time he opens his mouth.

headrush

Have to say, his kneeling during the anthem did sort of work. He used his celebrity to remind people of his cause, whatever levels of annoying or disrespectful it looked.

Zack T

I didn't have a problem with kneeling during the national anthem. That's the epitome of a peaceful protest - It caught people's attention without harming anyone.

I didn't know that he pulled these shenanigans for his sought after return to the NFL though. Seems like a dumb mistake. But maybe there's more to the story?

Greylien

The "more to the story" is that he seeks attention. That's my take on it.

The bottom line with that guy though is that he does things that takes peoples' focus off the game. The NFL doesn't like that. People tune in and spend a lot of money going to the game because they expect to see good competition between two teams. Not to see players stand up for a cause.Or in that case, kneel. That's not why they get paid millions anyway. People have said all along that if he wants to make a difference, do it in the off season like every other player who donates time and money to the cause of their choice.

There is no reason to do it the way he did.

Zack T

The reason to do it the way he did is to draw more attention to the cause. It's true that he could've donated money and time away from NFL games to anything he wanted, but when you've got all those eyeballs on the TV screens lookin at you, that's when you have the most power - you can get people talking and thinking if you use those TV minutes to their full potential and that's a necessary part of trying to enact change. Gotta get people thinking about whatever the issue is, or else it just falls under the radar.

I'm not saying it was the most professional thing to do, but he wasn't being vulgar or otherwise offensive. I know some people got offended by it, but I mean offensive in a needing-to-be-censored type of way. Most of us can't use our jobs to make a political statement because we don't really have a platform for it, but celebrities do, and they have just as much a right as any other citizen to voice their opinions/beliefs.

Classified

Good points.

I would have thought that he had gotten the point long ago that he wasn't wanted by the NFL anymore. If this recent activity doesn't spell it out for him, nothing will.

Snarky-Guru

At least he's brave enough to say what he thinks and when he catches heat, the bloke doesn't try to walk it back like many other athletes, owners, and celebs in general. He stands for something. That's real.