Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Cobra Kai

Ratings
The Karate Kid was one of my favorite movies, but I didn't expect it to receive a sequel so many years later. I was so curious that I paid for the YouTube Red/Premium subscription. It doesn't star Will Smith and his son, but I still find the story interesting. Both the teachers and the students have some room for character growth, so they make for an interesting watch. Is anyone else watching the show?

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I wanted to see it, but couldn't bring myself to pay for another subscription. I've got cable, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. What do you think about YouTube Premium so far? Is it worth the price? Does this show start off where the Karate Kid ended and are any of the original actors included?

Ratings
That's a lot of subscriptions! I didn't have one until YouTube Premium. Other than Cobra Kai, I view many videos on YouTube (especially for music). The auto-play version without ads is a great friend while I'm working.

In Cobra Kai, Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso return. The former reopens the dojo and go into rivalry with Daniel once again. Johnny's role was antagonistic in The Karate Kid, but now we follow his story through his eyes. Johnny and his outcasts pupils are teaching each other about growing up. I just love these twists; they are fun and heartwarming at the same time.