Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Clicker Games

macroclick

Is anyone playing a good clicker game either in a browser or as an app? Sometimes the genre called idle games or incremental games but the gameplay is always very similar. You start with only one generator and spend the money it generates to upgrade it and eventually unlock more generators which gets increasingly more expensive and time consuming as it goes on. There's usually some kind of "reset" system where you start over but with a bonus to performance which counter acts some of the exponential cost that is accumulated. I've played Clicker Heroes enough that it is no longer fun but I'd be interested in finding another game with as good of a community.

Chuckyy

My favorite clicker game is AdVenture Capitalist. They keep it current and add to the game all the time, although it does get a bit boring after awhile. I always end up going back to it to see what new events have been added. Clicker Heroes is cool (only the first one) but if you like that game you'll love AdVenture Capitalist.

browncoat

I remember this genre being popular with Cookie Clickers. The entire concept seemed ridiculous at first and I avoided it like the plague. There was a cool Runescape based version of it released a few years ago that really got me into it though. It was done way better than most of the clones that you see pop up from time to time. Despite it actually being a very fun clicker game and having the benefit of a large online community, they still ended up shutting down the game. I'm guessing it is due to not being profitable.

macroclick

I found a great one! If you like this style of game, check out www.iourpg.com or Incremental Universe Online. The game has so much going on it is hard to explain in a single post. The base game is somewhat similar to Clicker Heroes, but there are so many additional minigames that all tie in together it is an absolute blast. And you can party up with other players to take on harder rooms and split the loot. Just amazing so far!

Classified

Sounds fun. And addicting as well.

I equate these games as the MTurk of gaming. A smaller scale of a bigger picture if you will.

More fun yet smaller payouts.

browncoat

Sounds fun. And addicting as well.

I equate these games as the MTurk of gaming. A smaller scale of a bigger picture if you will.

More fun yet smaller payouts.
That's funny, I never thought about it like that but I guess you're right. I guess it all boils down to how much time you even have to invest in some entertainment vs how much time you WANT to invest in it. Some days I'm so busy all I want to do is eat and sleep so I can tackle the next day with some sort of composure.