Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Claire Foy versus Olivia Coleman

Poppy

I'm bingeing The Crown on Netflix and there's such a remarkable difference between the two women who comprise the role of queen, and not in a good way. It is a spectacular series stacked with talent, but Claire Foy stole the show with her masterful performance as a young Queen Elizabeth II. Her subtle facial expressions alone could tell the whole story of each scene! While Olivia Coleman isn't horrible, her acting is overdone in this series. She seems to have one facial expression throughout, no matter what is going on. I understand why the director chose to bring in older actors as the characters aged up, but I think it was a mistake. I feel like I'm watching an entirely different programme. I wish they'd chosen to use makeup and other effects to add years to the original actors.

scififan

I really liked Olivier Coleman in Fleabag, she was very funny acting with Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I guess that it's very difficult playing the part of the Queen, rather than a make-believe character, because the Queen is someone we all know so much about.