Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

CHOP, Seattle

LinemanM

Anyone paying attention to situation in Seattle? 21 days CHOP had occupied a part of Seattle. Finally given the okay to take it back (police). What the heck were they waiting for?

Betts

I say about time! I get people are angry but overthrowing the police and not letting them in for 21 days - wrong! I'm surprised Trump didn't do something before this.

Are they all out now?

RandyW

Any other places popping up like this? I was afraid if they didn't do something soon these groups would be popping up everywhere. Glad it's been taken care of.

Fletch

Organised protest is freedom of speech.
Absolutely nothing wrong with a peaceful autonomous zone as it was.

Trump is a clueless racist and has shown his racist cards. He has theatened violence and death on his own people. He gassed and attacked peaceful protestors for a photo op with a book, that he has never read. He is a white supremacist.

Jordaci

I don't agree Fletch. I'm not a fan of Trump but I'm certainly not a fan of all of these riots. There were people being shot inside this peaceful autonomous zone. There were stories of the terror that the people that lived there or had businesses there were facing. They took over a police station.

Protest peacefully but when riots and shootings start, it's time to end it.

Crompy

I'm all for protests but not riots. I paid little attention to this though. I figured sooner or later a biker group might deal if the government didn't. What a story that would have been.

LinemanM

Now that would have been a story, bikers against these guys. I don't want to call them Antifa because I just don't know if they were. I have not read or heard of too many other places popping up like this one.

Greylien

Organised protest is freedom of speech.
Absolutely nothing wrong with a peaceful autonomous zone as it was.
It didn't end peacefully though. A murder and a few rapes within that zone does not an organized protest make. That, and taking land that doesn't belong to you isn't protesting. It's trespassing at the least, and theft at the worst.

Yes, Trump is a baffoon, there's no disputing that. But we can't can't say the "protesters" were right because we don't like the way Trump handled them. They were both in the wrong in my opinion.

And don't get me started on the city of Portland who just sat back and let this get out of hand.

Jordaci

Exactly Greylien! Nothing peaceful about that mess at all. There have been many peaceful protests but this wasn't one of them.
I totally agree shame on the City of Portland.