Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Cheats

Ratings
Cheats are a grey area in gaming. I used a lot of cheat when I played Warcraft 2 and Starcraft missions. The reason I cheat is because I wanted to know the story of the game and I can finish the game quickly with the help of cheats. I replay the game after I'd known the whole story of the game. Do you cheat also in your game? What is your reason for using cheats?

chelsea45

Ratings
For as long as I can remember, I have never used any form of cheat. I keep trying until I win or give up and stop playing. The games mean nothing without these challenges, so it makes no sense to me to bypass those parts.

Ratings
It seems silly to bother with it. Why not just put the game down and do something else? In the past I've stopped playing games that got too frustrating, but I usually try again later and make some progress. It feels like an accomplishment and I'm always rather chuffed.

Ratings
Cheating in a game doesn't necessarily mean that you are bad at the game. There are times when we use cheats to enjoy more of the game. When I play GTA, I use the cheat to get a battle tank. You can choose to steal one in the army base, but I can use the cheat to get it quickly, just for the fun of driving a tank around the neighbourhood.

Ratings
@Pumba Good point, though I'll argue that a game is not worth your time if you can only enjoy it with cheats. That's why I appreciate that some developers offer an easy mode for players to enjoy the game without thinking too hard about winning. A few may find it cheating, but at least it's an official game element.

Ratings
Well, let us agree to disagree then. Most cheats were created by the game developers. "Cheat" may have a negative meaning, but it is more like a "shortcut" in games.