Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Character Announcements 2010

Ruderz

Subscriber
Randy has now moved to Edinburgh, Scotland and will be billed from there as of now. Been meaning to make this change for a while.

DC

Draven Cage unleashed his newest weapon on this week's XTV; his version of the Stunner that he calls simply The End.

Oh, and in backstage segments, Cage DOES NOT SPEAK!!! The silence will be broken eventually, but the man who could promo for an hour on how to open a can of soup has decided, for the time being, that his actions are going to do all the talking for him.

Boyo

Cuts to a shot of The Great Ken, walking aimlessly backstage. The crowd pops. Ken is whistling "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga. All of a sudden he rounds a corner and happens upon Kyle Gilmore, Draven Cage, Volcom, The Lonely Avenger, Brian Dammage and Dorian Sugar... all six men are leaning against a wall, in a row, not speaking.

Ken: Aaaaaaand-a what do we have here!?

All six men just stare back at Ken, who stares back. There is a long moment of silence.

Ken: The strong, silent types, eh..?

Silence.

Ken: Hmm. Well, I've got a question for you.

Ken produces a $20 bill and waves it front of the "sextuplet of sadism".

Ken: First person to say something gets this money!

Ken scans the wall, no-one utters a word (although Dorian Sugar is battling every iota of his being not to - he must be badly broke). Ken begins to get a bit impatient.

Ken: Moneybags, are we?

Ken thinks for a moment, then smiles.

Ken: Ok, anyone who stays silent is a big fat gaylord who likes to have Jason Bell's rectally-intrusive, dripping fist shoved up their arse.

Gilmore: Dammit!

Volcom: Dammit!

Avenger: Dammit!

Sugar: Dammit!

Dammage: Dammit!

GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! Ken is bashed through a solid brick wall by a venomous Drave Cage who, after decimating the youngster, simply stands up, brushes the dust off of his dungarees, and walks off without saying a word.

Cuts to...

Cheers!

Sparrow

Just a small little thing, but from now on, outside the ring, Chambers will be wearing Brock Lesnar's Death Clutch t-shirts.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Charlotte Di Mignotta and Professor McKellen are bumping uglies. Charlotte intially for ashot at his cash but the prof can be very persuasive and perhaps Charlotte may learn to know her mind in his own thinking....

Paul

As of the next show theres going to be a change to the Ashley Bronze character. From then on he spouts constant, but totally accidental, double entandres. They are to be used by him, in commentary about him and even in match/promo descriptions. He's seemingly oblivious to them happening, but they happen nevertheless.

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
As of the next show theres going to be a change to the Ashley Bronze character. From then on he spouts constant, but totally accidental, double entandres. They are to be used by him, in commentary about him and even in match/promo descriptions. He's seemingly oblivious to them happening, but they happen nevertheless.
:lol: Awesome!

Paul

I should add its inspired totally Jayfunks accidental double entendres in this weeks show. :lol:

Example of what you may see...

Jason Bell knocks Bronze to the corner and the AWOE member staggers back out and is caught by a massive kick! Thats it, Bell ends it, Bells ends Ashley Bronze!
:D

DC

OK, after the "Draven Cage is Austin" mistake, DC will be represented by Danny Basham and the stunner has been removed from the moveset (it never really fit).

The new finisher is called the DC Driver and is a snap two-handed chokebomb.

Last edited:

Paul

Basham is fine, but a choke bomb? DC is 6'1, nowhere near big enough for a choke bomb to work against the majority of the roster.

Oh, maybe we missed announcing it, but ALL finisher changes have to come through the booking team before being announced now.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Damn, after all that work he did on the tron too.

Bummer.

DC

Basham is fine, but a choke bomb? DC is 6'1, nowhere near big enough for a choke bomb to work against the majority of the roster.

Oh, maybe we missed announcing it, but ALL finisher changes have to come through the booking team before being announced now.
In real life, Basham is only 6'1". Besides, there are very few on the roster who would be too big to be hit by it. Some are taller than DC, but they're lighter and, if we're looking at it from a logical standpoint rather than "it's a wrestling move" angle, DC's been chokeslamming people with one hand for years, so using both arms should be easier. :lol:

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Doesn't work for me and to be honest I was getting into the stunner. I think of DC being a shorter, squatter kind of wrestler rather than some massive power house lifting people in the air.

Paul

In real life, Basham is only 6'1". Besides, there are very few on the roster who would be too big to be hit by it. Some are taller than DC, but they're lighter and, if we're looking at it from a logical standpoint rather than "it's a wrestling move" angle, DC's been chokeslamming people with one hand for years, so using both arms should be easier. :lol:
I dont remember the last time I saw/read DC chokeslamming anyone in fairness.

No, this just doesnt work for me I'm afraid.

DC

Doesn't work for me and to be honest I was getting into the stunner. I think of DC being a shorter, squatter kind of wrestler rather than some massive power house lifting people in the air.
And I always think of Sickness as Necro Butcher, but that doesn't make it so. :p
I dont remember the last time I saw/read DC chokeslamming anyone in fairness.

No, this just doesnt work for me I'm afraid.
So are you saying I have to ditch it? Danny Basham does it in "real life" (as the video shows), so it's not really a stretch to imagine DC doing it either, but if you decree that the move has to go, then it's gone.

I like the name DC Driver though, so if I have to change it, I'll come up with something else that'll fit the bill.

Paul

Yeah, its been talked over by the bookers and we think that its not really right as the/a primary finisher for your character. We think that the DC character just doesnt have the size to pull it off as an effective finisher on anyone bigger than Cari. :p

DC

OK, which of these do you think would best suit the character?

Backdrop Driver
Brainbuster
Piledriver
DVD
Stunner
Cutter
Reverse-DDT
Implant DDT
Sticking with the Gore!

Or, does anyone else have suggestions?

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Stick with the GORE, or the stunner.
Anything but the reverse DDT.
Maxx'll be back eventually and might take that personal. >:C

Too bad you couldn't stick with the Basham/double lift chokeslam. I thought it was awesome.

I don't agree with 'Megz and Darkie about size playing a factor.
Of course I'm not on the booking team and my opinion in such matters really don't mean much in the greater scheme of things.

As you can clearly see in the vid you made, Basham is chokebombing guys that are even a bit bigger than he is.
Besides, it's not the raw power it takes to preform the move, but the willingness of your opponent to sell it.

I could even see him doing it to larger wrestlers if they had the agility to pull the move off.
It's really elementary and quite a basic bump.
Plus it plays into the raw rage that Draven Cage has been displaying as of late.
Almost like he's tapping into his own adrenaline to preform the move and make it devastating.

If I had any say, I'd say stick with it, although you should have presented your case to the booking team before changing your character. Whether it's a small change or something very radical, the bookers need to be involved with the evolution of your character(generally speaking this goes for everyone) so that they know what to expect and how to handle it creative wise.

The booking team needs to be involved in all aspect of character development and any changes made.

Just my two cents on the matter.

Paul

OK, which of these do you think would best suit the character?

Backdrop Driver
Brainbuster
Piledriver
DVD
Stunner
Cutter
Reverse-DDT
Implant DDT
Sticking with the Gore!

Or, does anyone else have suggestions?

I'd stick with the Gore. Its so massivly over I dont understand why you'd 'downgrade' it to occasional use finisher.

As you can clearly see in the vid you made, Basham is chokebombing guys that are even a bit bigger than he is.
And looks shit doing it. ;)

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
That's a very minor point and I curse you for being so damn observant.
I was hoping I could slide that one past you.

Also, I thought I presented a very good case for a change and even made it a point that it's a necessity to check with the booking team when making changes to your characters. You could have at least commended me on my brown nosing, Darkstar.

Sheesh! I get no love around these parts.

Last edited: