Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Changing The Terms

Greylien

Since we can watch 30 or 40 shows in the space of a few days, binge watching, doesn't the term "season" seem a bit dated? Season 1, season 2, etc........

If you could think of a different term to categorize 15 or so episodes, what would it be?

didge

Well, maybe the term 'season' is coined with the time taken to shoot these episodes in mind. The fact that you can watch a TV series in a few days doesn't mean it is shot over a short period of time. I can't think of any other term part from 'Chapter' which sounds a bit odd.

Zack T

Season is the word we use here in the States. I imagine other places use it too, but the UK uses "Series" instead of seasons. Which is a little bit jarring at first for us 'Mericans cause we refer to different shows as series. But that's a pretty good word for it. Like a series of episodes.

Otherwise I'd just use season. I'm comfortable with it and it's like a season of episodes :D Season 1 is Spring, Season 2 is Summer...I'm being silly, but that's kind of a way to look at it.

Meerkat

I don't see why we need to change the term as it doesn't do anything with the episodes or the shows. I think the thing that needed to be changed is the length of an episode. Some are too short and some are too lengthy. I'm okay with an hour-long episode.