Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Calling all queen bees

Ratings
Naturally, Regina George from Mean Girls would show up. She walked that fine line between being hated, feared, and most importantly, worshiped by those around her. If you ask any queen bee, they'll tell you it's hard work whipping their drones into shape and keeping everyone in line. Of course, it all has to be done whilst looking stunning. Which female lead do you think epitomizes the role of queen bee perfectly?

Lumos

I'd definitely say that Emma Roberts' character Chanel in Scream Queens is the ultimate Queen Bee. And then Emma Roberts again in American Horror Story. What can I say, she plays the perfect mean girl.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I think queen bees can be nice too. Cher from Clueless was a benevolent queen bee. If non-fictional women count I'd say that Lisa Vanderpump from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is a kind-hearted queen bee.

Ratings
@Poppy, Regina George really is the ultimate queen bee.

@Lumos, Chanel is another good example of the really mean queen bee. I haven't seen her in American Horror Story, but I'm sure she plays the role on that show just as effortlessly. Alison DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars was a terrific mean girl (at least in the earlier seasons).

You're right, @ShadowEdge, the queen bee doesn't have to be mean. Cher's the only great example I can think of though.

Hal

Ratings
I'm surprised that no one has said Blair Waldorf yet. She really puts the B in queen bee. @ShadowEdge, I don't know if I would consider Cher a queen bee. She's too nice to fit the stereotype, in my opinion. The nicest character I can think of that would fit the queen bee stereotype would be someone like Summer Roberts from The OC.