Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Bye bye

WAYNE

Source: PWInsider.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has officially released former ECW Champion The Sandman today. Internally within the company, the release was expected over the last 24 hours.

Sandman was hired by WWE in June 2006 when they re-launched the ECW Brand. After being on the top of the ECW brand as a babyface, he was then drafted to the Raw brand. There are no details on why he was released as of yet, but stay tuned for further updates.

SuperKick Kid

I'm surprised he lasted this long.

I'll miss his entrance and him hitting people with canes.

Other than that, he was pretty awful.

DC

Maybe he was too depressed at not being a McMahon. :lol:

Sandman without the entrance and the hardcore brawling is pretty worthless. In all seriousness, I wonder if he'll be in TNA soon.

At least he doesn't need the money.

Last edited:

Jimmy Redman

Maybe he was too depressed at not being a McMahon. :lol:

Sandman without the entrance and the hardcore brawling is pretty worthless. In all seriousness, I wonder if he'll be in TNA soon.

At least he doesn't need the money.
Raw spoilers. I know they're not big, but please.

DC

I think the fact he's been released kinda spoiled it first. :lol:

TPIB

It's a little weird since we just saw The Sandman. I wonder if this is stemming from something else or they was just tired of having him around. His release was way overdue, anyways. One has to think this has some sort of connection to that lawsuit against Sandman and WWE. Maybe now WWE will make Sandman go it alone (even though I believe that was their plain originally).

Parksta

I wanted to see him in Birmingham and Cardiff! :( Was going to buy his t-shirt and inflatable kendo stick! Still could buy them though, at least now they'll be cheaper! :)

The Great Ahmar

I think he'll go do what he did before signing with WWE, go to the odd biggish indie and work a few shows a year. Like DC said he doesn't need the money.

Nemesis Enforcer

Sandman gone? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

He was used wrong in WWE esspecially since moved over to Raw and in recent weeks when he has been forced to actually wrestle rarther then just brawl, and without Enter Sandman, beer and fags his entrance was no-where near as great as it used to be but...

He was the freaking SANDMAN!

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Was he fired or did he quit? I wouldn't have been suprised a month ago, but I thought he was doing okay. Big pops for his entrance and aa couple of PPV matches. Oh well, I don't think he'll be missed.

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
So is The Great Khali whats your point?:dohstars:
You obviously read my post in which i stated my point "hes bloody awful in the ring"

So ye that's my point!! Or are you really as tick as you seem and couldn't make that out for yourself?

Naitch

Son of a...

Sandman ruled/rules/will forever rule, he was fitting in well on Raw too.

Twig

While I'm sure most of us thought that he wouldn't last very long... He is 97% entrance and the rest of that is taken up with cane swinging, firing him now seems like some very odd timing.

Kanenite

Moving him to RAW was a wrong move in the first place, I mean really what was he going to do over there especially with RAW being the 'A' show and him sometimes not even getting a match on the 'C' show.

That's a shame though, i've always liked The Sandman, his entrance was incredible in the original ECW and his year in WWECW was decent aswell.

alexmoss12

I heard alot of great things about The Sandman, but judging from your response he wasn't good in WWECW. Its a bad idea if he goes to TNA, the bloke needs to go to indy promotions, I think its over for him in big promotions like WWE and TNA.

Nemesis Enforcer

I heard alot of great things about The Sandman, but judging from your response he wasn't good in WWECW. Its a bad idea if he goes to TNA, the bloke needs to go to indy promotions, I think its over for him in big promotions like WWE and TNA.
He has enough money to never have to wrestle again never mind go to the indy's

Not that he looks it but he is a millionaire really, the only reason he joined the new incarnation of ECW was because Heyman asked him