Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Bucket List Sports Event

Ogmore

Are there any sports events that you'd really like to see in person at least one time before you perish? I have two. I would love to see an event at the Olympics. It's my own fault that I haven't already as I had the opportunity in 2012 in London. I'm a workaholic though, and couldn't bear to miss as there were so many important projects due that I was heading up. Another competition on my bucket list is the Six Nations Championship. I'm fairly determined to mark that one off in 2020. What's on your bucket list?

Snarky-Guru

I think it would be amazing to see either the Men's World Cup or the Women's World Cup at some point. I haven't checked, but I'm sure tickets for decent seats are at eye watering prices. It could be worth it though.

@Ogmore I did see some of the 2012 Summer Olympics and it was a fantastic experience. Some of the events were easier to access than others, but it was definitely worth it. I would have liked to see the opening and closing ceremonies, but that was far beyond my reach.

ShadowEdge

I used to have the Super Bowl on my list, but that was before the concussion studies came out. As such, I can't stomach the sport since I know the possible consequences for the players. Now, the NBA Playoffs and Championship games top my list.

North

Going to see the Olympics would be the ideal goal since it's the biggest sports event in the world. If only we have BWF championships around here as well. That said, flying across the world to see the BWF World Tour Finals makes a good excuse for traveling.