Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Bubba Wallace

KaliR

Today I watched all Nascar drivers stand and walk with Bubba. So many people have things to say, an opinion on whether he put the noose in his area or if someone else did. I was just glad to see the other drivers stand with him!

bosch5

It was a nice gesture for fellow drivers to stand with Bubba, but as you say, the noose incident has given rise to varied opinions. Though I don't recall where I read it from, some quarters are faulting Nascar for not fighting racism for over 70 years.

Bill W

Irrespective of everything else that was said, showing solidarity with Bubba was the list the drivers would do. Matters to do with race are sensitive, and the more they are openly discussed, the better the prospects of eliminating racism!

KaliR

Exactly Bill! Something needs to be done. I hope with all of this and the police brutality issues, something good happens.
I don't know if I believe what Nascar came back with, that the rope had been there since 2019.

Dwayne

Exactly Bill! Something needs to be done. I hope with all of this and the police brutality issues, something good happens.
I don't know if I believe what Nascar came back with, that the rope had been there since 2019.
Investigations established that the noose had been there since last fall; hence this wasn't a hate crime targeting Wallace? Well, it seems believable, considering FBI agents were involved. Nonetheless, the discussion about race shouldn't stop here!