Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Breaking news - TNA sign another major WWE star!

Dave7g

From RingsideMayhem.com

BREAKING NEWS: Major WWE Star Jumps To TNA

Reported by Dylan Jefferson on 12/29/2005
RingsideSCOOPS.com - With The Inside SCOOP!
We have discovered an unbelievably major spoiler on a current top-tier WWE performer jumping ship to TNA at the company's next pay-per view.
Hmmm, I imagine it's Benoit, but you never know, could be anyone!

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Hmmmmmmmmm, I'm not doubting it, but I'd prefer to read it from some more "credible" sources such as Meltzer.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Well, according to lordsofpain.net

Chris Benoit, who will be up for a contract renewal very soon, has been keeping to himself since Guerrero's death. His contractual decision is being closely followed by everyone in the lockerroom, as Benoit is respected as a model for making the right decision based on the circumstances.

"I think a lot of people inside the wrestlers locker rooms are looking at what happens with Benoit, because if he quits, then it really says something," one source told PWTorch. "If Benoit is willing to walk away, it's a lot different than Christian, who is praised publicly by the wrestlers. But a lot of wrestlers also think Christian is a mark."
I'm not sure of the credibilty of the above information, but it woud seem that Benoit would be the most likely candidate to jump to TNA.

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Well if Dylan Jefferson is reporting it, I'm sold. I trust any man who'll give himself a stage name made up of a mixture of Bob Dylan and Jefferson Starship for reporting wrestling news.

Ryan

i hope its not Benoit, actually i hope its a lie, but it's most probably Benoit.

Chris2K

WrestlingScoops.com is afilliated with Wrestlezone.com. And I once got my report about watching Randy Orton and Batista have an argument about autographs as a news item on Wrestlezone.com.

Dave7g

Russ said:
Well if Dylan Jefferson is reporting it, I'm sold. I trust any man who'll give himself a stage name made up of a mixture of Bob Dylan and Jefferson Starship for reporting wrestling news.
It's better than his first wrestling name, Bob Aeroplane!

Chris2K

To go a stage further, here's the entire page from RingsideScoops:

BREAKING NEWS: Major WWE Star Jumps To TNA
Posted by Dylan Jefferson on 12/29/05
We have discovered an unbelievably major spoiler on a current top-tier WWE performer jumping ship to TNA at the company's next pay-per view.

To read this breaking report in its' entirety, click here.

PHOTOS: Stephanie McMahon 100% DRUNK AS SH*T At A Local Bar!! (VIEW HERE >>)
I clicked the link to the "full report" and found just another wrestling website.

Bluestiger99

I will be in heaven if it is Benoit. I can see it being him, as a lot of his friends are over in TNA from his ECW days. Also his work schedule will be a lot lighter over there, and he'll be close to home if I'm not mistaken. Good on TNA if it is.

Naitch

PHOTOS: Stephanie McMahon 100% DRUNK AS SH*T At A Local Bar!! (VIEW HERE >>)
That right there says everything there needs to be said about the credibility of this website.

Drake

I don't know if this is true, I mean can TNA afford Benoit ?

They already signed Christan at Genesis, Sting at Turning Point and now Benoit at Final Resolution ?

I doubt it's Benoit, but I the wrestling mark in me wants it to be him.

Ryan

The B-Man said:
RVD anyone?
as far as i know RVD is still under contract with WWE and that he has no problem with his position, he's only Injured.

Christof

Didn't Spike pay for Sting mainly? Benoit would be one hell of a signing. I was watching Impact the other night on my PC and Paula was like "Is that Christian", she was shocked that he walked out of jobbing for life to TNA.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
E-tard said:
Didn't Spike pay for Sting mainly? Benoit would be one hell of a signing. I was watching Impact the other night on my PC and Paula was like "Is that Christian", she was shocked that he walked out of jobbing for life to TNA.
The word is that Spike did pay a large percentage of Sting contract as they want TNA to have alot of established names for TV, which they believe in turn will benefit thier network.

Christof

I guess the onus with the Sting signing is for Spike to advertise it on their network and in former WCW territories to try and build a fan base and ratings. If TNA do the same when unveiling Benoit then it could really push TNA forward in terms of ratings and buy rates.

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
E-tard said:
I guess the onus with the Sting signing is for Spike to advertise it on their network and in former WCW territories to try and build a fan base and ratings. If TNA do the same when unveiling Benoit then it could really push TNA forward in terms of ratings and buy rates.
Apprently TNA wanted Sting as well for future merchandise deals , and other promotional oppertunities, with regard to Video Games, DVDs etc.