• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Books or Movies?

Ratings
Some people may feel that movies don't do justice to the books on which they are based. However, I still prefer watching movies; I enjoy the visual and theatrical aspects. Which of the two do you prefer?

Ratings
It depends, I read books when I need to put my children to sleep. They remain awake if they watch a movie, but they easily get bored when I read them books. Personally though, I also like watching a story over reading the book version.

Ratings
I read books when I travel, especially when I'm waiting at the station for my transport to start moving. I watch movies when I'm at home for me to relax. So I do both even though I'm reading a book and watching a movie that has the same story.

Ratings
Movies are merely a summary of what would be contained in a book and so there will probably be a few scenes left out. I tend to prefer to read the book first but I always find myself just watching the movie.