Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Bohemian Rhapsody

Boomer

I finally saw it last night. Yes, it's entertaining but also yes, it's a bit of a rush job about the history of Queen and of Freddie Mercury. The actors playing Brian May, John Deacon, and Roger Taylor were well cast, and Rami Malek was pretty impressive as Mercury. Did you see the movie yet?

Yes, I saw it when it first came to the cinema. I thought they sort of vilified Freddie Mercury,but overall I thought the film was excellent. It was interesting to see a bit about his family and their Zoroastrian religious roots. Rami Malek was incredible!

Pluto

I'm surprised not many people talk about this movie here. Are y'all like me who's late to the party?

I'm not a huge fan of Queen, but it's impossible not to know their songs, so it's nice to see a little of their life story (as inaccurate as it is). Has Rami Malek played somewhere else? I can't recall seeing him before, and I'll remember him as Freddie Mercury from now on. I'm just not very satisfied with the ending.

Rambler

This was pretty good, but not sure about wanting to see it again. I agree the ending was so-so.

I saw Malek in a WW2 series, The Pacific, but his role was minor in it.

whaleshark

After I saw this, I looked up Queen's Live Aid set. Electrifying. As good as Rami Malek was, there's this graceful athlete-artist combo that Mercury had that I don't know if anyone can really replicate.