Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Bizarre sex scenes in film

ShadowEdge

Hollywood has no shame What have been some of the weirdest sex scenes you've seen in a movie?

**possible Midsommar spoiler** I went to see Midsommar last night and that ritualistic, drug-laced orgy easily belongs in the top five for me. I guess Ari Aster deserves some kudos for showing full-frontal male nudity in addition to the female nudity that's typically flaunted in films, but the whole thing was just very bizarre. I'm not sure if it was mostly funny or unsettling or just embarrassing - but it was something. And it seemed to go on for ages, though that's probably because I was cringing so hard. What are some of the most bizarre sex scenes you've seen in film?

Poppy

I have so many questions about that movie @ShadowEdge. My head is still spinning. I don't the sex scene was as bizarre as the all the innuendo in the movie Ted. The movie was hilarious, but the whole horny bear thing was weird once it hit you that it's literally a stuffed teddy.

Hal

I haven't seen Midsommar, but that sounds pretty disturbing. I can only think of bizarre sex scenes in comedies which were bizarre just to add to the humor of it. Your post reminded me of the orgy scene in Zoolander. That was definitely strange (and only got stranger when they added onto it in the sequel). Another one that comes to mind is the one in Coneheads with Chris Farley. Mind you, as bizarre as they were they made me laugh out loud.

didge

I have watched quite a number of movies that had bizarre sex scenes that had me cringing. Most times, it gets really embarrassing when these scenes extend for quite a while.

The entirety of Eyes Wide Shut fits the bill. It was basically several scenes of people going at it rather awkwardly. I'm sure many moviegoers thought it was a hot erotic thriller, but to me, Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise seemed uncomfortable with each other which was weird especially since they were married at the time. Throw in a scene with a nude girl who plastered herself against Cruise's back and her father who appeared to be pimping her out and it was just uncomfortable.

headrush

Your post reminded me of the orgy scene in Zoolander. That was definitely strange (and only got stranger when they added onto it in the sequel). Another one that comes to mind is the one in Coneheads with Chris Farley. Mind you, as bizarre as they were they made me laugh out loud.
I laughed out loud at that Zoolander scene. There was another random moment in Election with Reese Witherspoon (just using a little split screen of her face and voice) that cracked me up as well.