Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Big Brother 9 Discussion Thread

Nemesis Enforcer

So its that time again, the annual tradition of channel 4 giving up most of their schedule to a bunch of wannabe celebs who will do pretty much anything on national television to get their 15 mins of fame, and a huge pay deal from every single future 'celeb special' show that can be thought up

The launch night is this Thursday, 5th of June, and surprisingly there have so far been no leaks of pictures of those going in, but rumours are rife that there is going to be a WAG in there (oh joy I hear you cry out) but I am sure the closer we get the papers will be full of people claiming that their distant cousin twice removed is one of those going in and is going to be "the most controversial person ever"

Since we are a mere 5 days away from the launch date and for the next how ever many weeks they decide to run this series everywhere you look is going to be mentioning BB I thought why don't I be the one to start the annual BB discussion thread this year

So people of TWO if you love it or hate it, feel free to discuss your feelings of season 9 here!

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
Apart from the opening night to see the people going in i have not watched this since BB 4. Just hate the people too much.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I love it, although the last series was not very good, I'm hoping for some great characters this year!

Citizen Kane

Quite intruiged this year, after the disaster that was 2007 this series has to go well, pretty much from the word go. Hopefully this means there'll be a significant change to the format, no retarded first night 'twists' and above all else, no one called Charley.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Can't stand it, but it does warrant a stickified thread.

Black Knight

I never watched this show before but I have heared thousands of diffrent opinions about this show. I will try to catch it next thursday to see how good it really is.

ScottyB

I'm a fan, but I only watch the hour highlight show and the evicition shows. I dont bother with BBLB or BBs Big Mouth, or the 24/7 coverage on E4

Nemesis Enforcer

The new Big Brother housemates will grow their own food in this year's TV reality show.

Producers of the Channel 4 show have said the 16 wannabes will have to cultivate their own potatoes and carrots and season their food with herbs from the garden.

As well as having boxes to grow vegetables in the garden, this year's "green" Big Brother house means there is also a large recycling bin in the kitchen.

In addition to this, the diary room has been built under the stairs instead of directly in the house to make the contestants sitting on the diary room chair feel more cut off from their housemates.

There is a luxury bedroom next to the garden featuring eight double beds complete with velvet cushions, a walk-in closet and burgundy and gold drapes.

Housemates will be told to choose the bed they want as soon as they have all entered the house.

Anyone in the bath and shower will be on view to those sitting in the living room through a transparent door.

A jail, in the form of a tiny claustrophobic area enclosed by metal bars in the garden, is ready for use if any housemates need to be punished.

Big Brother executive producer Phil Edgar-Jones refused to confirm reports that a blind housemates would be one of the contestants.

But he said: "You can feel your way around and see your way around the house. You could even get around on your hands and knees."

He added: "There's a good balance of sexes and sexualities.

"There will be a mixture of some people who want to be there for the experience and some people who want to chase fame."

Big Brother starts on Thursday on Channel 4.
Credit: ITN

So there is going to be about an even amount of men to women with a fair few gays running around no doubt being so camp they bring their own tent, as that is the usual gay type who the BB people chose to go in there

Naitch

For some reason I caught a little bit of the auditions show they showed on E4 last night. Too many eejits trying way too hard to be kooky and crazy and lairy (and I'm sorry to say some of the worst offenders were from this little island) because they know that's what'll get them on TV and it all came across as really very sad and transparent. Show lost its innocence after maybe the 2nd series because it became too self referential and started bringing in people who saw it as an opportunity for 'OMG IM GOING TO BE ON TV, IM GOING TO GET INVITED TO THE OPENING OF AN ENVELOPE', generally people who tried wwwaaayyyyyy too hard and whatnot.

Al Stevens

The only way to make BB fresh exciting and fun to watch.

Bring 10 people with out a brain into the house and make them sit in front of the TV

The TV will tell them there is a bomb in the house and it will go off in an hour

and dont give them a book on defusing a bomb.

That is perhaps the only reason to make it intresting

Kanenite

I can't believe my life ends for 3 months tomorrow :( I just can't resist the show, i'll watch one night and will be hooked I know it. Should be pretty good though, I hope there are some characters in there, mind you there always is.

Nemesis Enforcer

I can't believe with it starting tomorrow that there hasn't been some sort of leaked picture, even a fake, turning up in one of the newspapers saying this is who is going in, seems this year there has been little interest media wise for the show

We shall see tomorrow who goes in, will probs be watching it and giving a running commentary of who I hate already upon first sight :lol:

JC

I think I've said it on every Big Brother thread but seriously if you watch this crap you're IQ must be below 50.

Ridiculous theory for a TV Show and nothing but the scum of society makes it through the door.

AND NO! That does NOT make it INTERESTING.

I would actually watch the show if the contestants were put under some sort of physical strain or made to actually work for the money. I mean..laying on yer arse for a number of weeks..why does this get ratings again?

I say throw a couple of wild tigers in the garden and a few crocodiles in the hot-tub and then we'll see who really deserves £75,000.

Last edited:

Nemesis Enforcer

I used to watch it all the time but for the last probably 3 serise I just watch now and again the highlight show if there is nothing else on, what I most enjoy is the launch night as I love people who try to show off as they go in bet booed

Also I love to shout in anger at the screen at how thick (or what ever else is wrong with them inmy view) this person going in is

Red Devil 2008

I think I've said it on every Big Brother thread but seriously if you watch this crap you're IQ must be below 50.

Ridiculous theory for a TV Show and nothing but the scum of society makes it through the door.

I would actually watch the show if the contestants were put under some sort of physical strain or made to actually work for the money. I mean..laying on yer arse for a number of weeks..why does this get ratings again?

I say throw a couple of wild tigers in the garden and a few crocodiles in the hot-tub and then we'll see who really deserves £75,000.

Thats a bit harsh

Al Stevens

As i said before

Bring 10 people with out a brain into the house and make them sit in front of the TV

The TV will tell them there is a bomb in the house and it will go off in an hour

and dont give them a book on defusing a bomb.

That is perhaps the only reason to make it intresting
That would make me want to it :lol: