• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Benefits of Fasting

Ratings
I have learned from YouTube videos that fasting increases longevity, improves cognitive function and helps with weight loss. Also, there are various kinds of fasting (e.g. intermittent fasting, full day fasts, etc.). For anyone who has tried it, have you noticed any benefits?

Zack T

Ratings
116 1
I don't officially fast, but I tend to go a whole day without eating at least once a week just cause I don't feel like it.

I dunno if it helps anything.

/contributes nothing

Ratings
I don't officially fast, but I tend to go a whole day without eating at least once a week just cause I don't feel like it.

I dunno if it helps anything.

/contributes nothing
I also tend to do a lot of unintentional fasts, or I used to. Lately, I have been more aware of them. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with not eating when you're not hungry if you ask me. I believe the feeling of hunger is the best indicator of when to eat (in healthy individuals), not set times.

Ratings
I eat less or nothing at night for almost 3 months now, and I notice that my belly fat has lessened. I can't do the intermittent fasting because I cannot eat a lot.