Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Battle Rap Thread: Anyone interested?

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
After seeing the Battle Rap thread pop back up earlier today, I've been thinking about starting a new one but doing away with the "theme" rule from the previous one.

This would take the form of an 8 (or 16 if popular enough) competitor knockout tournament, with the winners of each battle being voted for by other members of TWO.

Once all the competitors are sorted I'd sort a random draw for the first round, the battles would take place, then the names of the winners would be randomly drawn for the second round, so on and so on until we have us a winner.

Obviously I'll only bother with this if there's enough interest, so are there any budding wordsmiths out there who wouldn't mind pitching us a lyric or two?

Obviously if anyone has any ideas they'd want to put forwards for how we can make this thing work, then feel free to chip in. If we get enough interest and potential competitors, I'll draw up some rules and we'll get this started.

Thanks.

- dsrchris
- The Man Beast
- Jimmy Redman
- JayFunk
- The Def
- ShaolinHandLock
- AC
-

Last edited by a moderator:

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
We tried this a while ago and pretty much no one posted when they were supposed to. If there's enough interest in this thread, I'm start proper sign ups like the Music Club, so if you're interested in doing this, let your voice be heard loud and proud like a beautiful singing bird.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I'll give it a go too, so that's four. Shall we aim for eight?

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Yeah, I think 16 was a bit ambitious...

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
If we get one more, I'll set it up. I can't do it anymore though, it's mid-term season.

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I'm still in, if that makes any difference.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Evidently not Shao. People's interest was a little bit too spread out. I'll tell you what, if we get 4, 8, or 16 names down between today and Christmas Eve, I'll sort a thread out, cool?

1 - SHL
2 - dsrchris
3 - Y2James

Last edited: