• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Based On A True Story

Ratings
Do you like watching movies that were based on a true story? Some of these movies are bordering to documentary with a mixture of fiction written by the writer or a plot twist by the director. I like these movies when the plot is very much in common with what really happened in real life.

Ratings
I like movies and TV shows that are based on true events; they tell the stories in a more interesting way. On the other hand, documentaries generally give more accurate information than the movies since they are less fictitious.

Ratings
It is always great to watch a movie based on a true story because the viewer will be there trying to construe how everything happened in real life. There will definitely be a few twists to the story to make it watchable but overall, it makes for a good watching experience. I love documentaries as well.

Ratings
I do like true stories, but I always try to remember that anything labeled as entertainment may not be 100% true. (Documentaries are probably the only exception.) I hope to see more stories playing on the alternate realities, exploring the what-ifs based on real events or situations.

Ratings
It depends on the story. There are some movies based on a real-life story that is not that entertaining, like the movie of David Koresh. However, if the story was made by a great director then I may see it as I would like to see how the director portrayed the story, like the story Desmond Doss.

Ratings
I do like true stories, but I always try to remember that anything labeled as entertainment may not be 100% true. (Documentaries are probably the only exception.) I hope to see more stories playing on the alternate realities, exploring the what-ifs based on real events or situations.
Movies based on true stories will only have minor modifications just to make them watchable. Overall, I think it depends on a person's interest as well as the director/producer in question.