Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Authentic aliens

Ratings
I am a big fan of Star Trek, but how come almost all of their aliens look pretty much like modified human beings? At least with Dr Who the daleks really do look alien. Although, to be fair, the actual daleks where meant to be living inside the robotic things that we actually saw. The daleks certainly get my vote for most terrifying aliens of all time.

Ratings
22 1
I think that's because our current working theory is that if life were to develop elsewhere and become intelligent in a capacity like us, it'd have to be a carbon based life form and it'd require similar limbs and body structure to be able to craft tools and whatnot. Plus I think it's also easier to design an alien that looks at least a bit like us in some way, even if it's simply that they have a similar body shape.

Daleks are pretty weird looking on the inside, almost like evil octopus's. They are quite wicked.