Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Are you looking forward to the Dr Who New Year Special?

Ratings
Apparently this year there will not be a Dr Who Christmas Special. It will be a New Year Special instead. Ok, I can live with that. Anyway, regardless of whether it will be Christmas or New Year, I am looking forward to it. I really like the new Dr Who - she is brilliant! And it's such a wise move that they have finally made the Doctor female - that was long overdue.

My Dad said he used to watch Dr Who back in the days of the daleks - so this programme has been on the go an incredibly long time. It would have to have been if my Dad used to watch it as a child.

So bring it on! Are you looking forward to this too?

Luna

Ratings
I'm not following this series, even though it looks quite fun from the reviews I see in the blog. These special episodes are usually still connected to the main plot, aren't they? I wonder if they will make it rather simple so strangers like me can also join in the fun.

AmyRichmond

Ratings
I am totally looking forward to the New Year Special! And I am enjoying the episodes generally as well. I particularly liked the one where the conscious universe morphs into a frog. People morphing into things seems to be a staple of science fiction.

I wasn't totally sure why that particular universe started to judder and fall apart though - was it because people from another universe were in it? I think that the scientific language used is great.

I also think that the cast are a great line up too - especially the current Dr Who, who seems to be the best one ever.

Ratings
I really enjoyed the latest one - and I liked the creature who had made it his task to completely rewrite the laws of the universe.

I was sorry that this was the last one of the series - I can't believe it has come to an end already. It's not really the end though, as we have the New Year one to look forward to - that should be really good.

Then I wonder how long we will have to wait after that for the actual new series to start.

Jodie Whittaker is so good as the Doctor - I hope that she will be doing it for a long time.