Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Are you into aromatherapy?

Wild4U

I'm thinking about buying an aromatherapy oil or candle for my sister's birthday. (As far as I know, she's into beauty-related stuff, but not aromatherapy.) I'm not a big fan of it, but I've heard of the positive effects. I'm just not sure which types I need to get.

DandyMandy

I don't buy into the woo aspects of it, but I do think certain scents can be comforting, energizing, or whatever. I think It's mostly due to your perception of that scent from childhood memories. Does your sister have a favorite scent? If it was me, I'd probably go with a gift card out of fear that I'd pick the wrong scent.

Rambler

It feels nice being around fresh coffee or cookies just out of the oven. Peeling oranges is pretty great, too. Not sure how I feel about those aromatherapy machines. Might just be bad timing, but the scents from the ones I walk by are overpowering.

headrush

I buy maybe one scented candle a year just because. I walk by the aromatherapy section at the market but am lost about what each oil is used for, besides feeling more relaxed or energized.

Snarky-Guru

Did you know that you can get certified as an aromatherapist? Yep, it's a thing. I don't really go for all that, but the smell of coffee and bacon always gets me going in the morning.

Boomer

Aromatherapy as a career sounds cool. I wouldn't mind trying a class and getting basic info on the hows and whys of healing through scent.