Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Are you a procrastinator?

lymmo

I'm never late to meetings neither do I hand in reports way after deadline day. When there are about 7 days to work on something, I start concentrating with about 2 to 3 days remaining. I put on my thinking cap and do my best. So far so good for me. Would you regard me as a 'last minute' person?

coleman

At the end of the day, what matters is that things get done. I prefer to plan things way before time and finish with a lot of time still left. Last minute rushes really freak me out.

I'm a huge procrastinator. I mean to be productive, but I'm easily distracted by things like the telly. I only turn it on for background noise, but the next thing I know I'm five episodes in. I could never work from home. In my opinion, you're alright lymmo since you're meeting the deadlines.

Meerkat

Procrastination is one of my problems. I don't have that excitement (if we can call it that way) if I still have a lot of time to do what I suppose to do. The rush will make my blood flow fast which will make me think better.

headrush

I read that procrastination is an odd type of perfectionism. You worry or get overwhelmed about not finishing perfectly, so you avoid starting to cope.

didge

I'm a huge procrastinator. I mean to be productive, but I'm easily distracted by things like the telly. I only turn it on for background noise, but the next thing I know I'm five episodes in. I could never work from home. In my opinion, you're alright lymmo since you're meeting the deadlines.
I get distracted too, but to be honest, it is the adrenaline rush, and an urge to do something when there is little time left that makes me procrastinate. It will be interesting to read about procrastination and its relation to perfectionism.