Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Aquaman (2018)

Ratings
It's coming, folks! Unfortunately, I'm not holding my hopes up. The CGI in the trailer doesn't really convince me (I'm sorry, dear sharks) and the plot seems like a classic fight-for-the-throne type of story. For a moment, I forgot that I was talking about DC. I hope you are more excited than I am!

Ratings
The CGI is like the cut scenes of RPG games. The movie trailers are usually better than the whole movie. I'm not excited about this movie though.

Ratings
Let us not get our hopes up because the CGI is somewhat like it came from Pixar Studios. If the CGI is that bad, then they should have made Aquaman into an animated film.

Ratings
That's what puzzles me. I went as far as checking the production companies on Google to see their history, and I found some popular titles. It makes no sense for them to show this kind of subpar effects, especially when the DC universe needs the best of all elements to get viewers back on board. Perhaps I will change my mind once I see the finished product at the theater, but the teaser doesn't exactly invite me to do that.

Ratings
Justice League didn't make us feel any more interested in its members, so I ended up reading about them on Wikipedia. I wanted to see if the production truly failed these characters. Aquaman's story was one of the most interesting as he had many variations in history but recently rebooted to fit the modern era. I can forgive the shark as long as they can give me a story almost as compelling as Wonder Woman.

Ratings
I noticed the blog already has a review article for Aquaman, but I tried to stay away from it as I have not seen the movie. For those of you who have watched it, what are your thoughts? Is DC finally doing some things right? (No unnecessary spoilers, please!)