Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Approaching May

Spade

It’s almost May but the corona situation doesn’t seem to get any better. I was having all my hopes and expectations for this summer but now I am not so certain. Though I truly hope that things can get better in the coming couple of months and that we can still have our summer on the beach or somewhere, at least. Are there any plans you want to achieve in the summer?

Snarky-Guru

Some people have already started heading to the beach. I'm not sure if they're brave or foolish and I'm a little jealous to be honest. I'm not willing to risk it though. I've started planting flower seeds to perk up the garden. I'm not the best with plants so if they grow, I'll consider that my spring and summer achievement. How are you holding up @Spade?

Evelyn

I've had to cancel my holiday but I received a refund shortly after so at least there's that. I'm not sure what I'd like to achieve this summer. I've been feeling sluggish lately. It's probably not helped by my nanny family insisting we all stay in our pajamas. What about you @Spade?

RandyW

I'm ready for a vacation but I'm going nowhere! We are on a NY Pause until May 15th. I certainly hope that we start opening up on the 16th. Going a bit stir crazy!

Knox

@RandyW, you guys have it rough right now. I hope things die down there soon.

@Spade, things are supposed to start back up in my area in May, but we'll see what happens. It feels like so much has changed and this is the new normal.

lymmo

There is a slight return to normalcy around this place, and hopefully, we should resume our normal activities in a few months. Do you think there was a better way of containing this pandemic? Were the ramifications underestimated?

Last edited:

Spade

Seems like my beach dream will indeed just stay as a dream. Some people I know are trying to have virtual travels on the Internet. There seem to be some websites that have real time cameras in different countries. It can be a fun thing to watch real time street view (I must be bored). I’m asking for the website honestly.

Lunatic

I see the situation has been improving around the world... I hope things can be more calmed in June. July should be fine, if there are no other rounds of infection and such.

lymmo

I see the situation has been improving around the world... I hope things can be more calmed in June. July should be fine, if there are no other rounds of infection and such.
We discussed the corona situation, and most friends agreed that there is a slow return to normalcy. How soon we go back to normal will depend on a lot of factors, but just like you, I am looking forward to a more robust second half of the year.