Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Anyone going to NXT UK TakeOver?

Snarky-Guru

Are any fans here going to see NXT UK TakeOver in Cardiff on the 31st? I have to work or I'd spring for tickets which are reasonable since it's NXT. Cesaro and Samoa Joe are going to be there and had I known, I would've gotten the day off. Of course, WWE likes to throw out surprises which I suppose helps build anticipation. If you're attending the event, I'd love to hear how it went since not everything is recorded and shown.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I was considering it but I'm too busy at the moment. I've not been to Cardiff so was thinking I could do a holiday at the same time but it's not a good week to take time off. I'll be watching it on the Network....hope they can live up to TakeOver expectations!

Ogmore

Walter vs. Tyler Bate will be a fantastic match, but I'm not particularly fussed about any of the other outcomes so I can't be bothered. I'm glad to see that Cesaro is doing well and it would be brilliant to see a return of the Kings of Wrestling which they did on a NXT house show before. Maybe it will happen again.

theVman

Cardiff is too far away for me - if they ever do a TAKEOVER: COVENTRY or TAKEOVER: BIRMINGHAM id probably be all over that.

Also i think considering the talent they have got in NXT UK division the card is pretty weak. However saying that im expecting a decent show.

ScottyB

Hi guys, just on my way home after attending the event and going for a few pints afterwards.....great event, great atmosphere and great matches. Gutted no Joe but still easily a 9/10 event.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
It was a great show, the crowd was hot all night! After how loud they got in the tag match I thought they may go quiet in the main event - they got even louder!

I was expecting lots of interference in the main event, glad that didn't happen. Fantastic match, Tyler constantly impresses and WALTER ain't too shabby either!

The crowd seemed a little shocked when Storm lost, I guess she might be heading to the main NXT brand.

I thought the tag match was great, I hadn't seen much of most of the guys here but again, I was impressed.

Nice to see Cesaro here too, great match with Dragunov, even with the loss he still looked good.

theVman

The biggest surprise to me was that Dave Mastiff lost - i figured he was next in line for a shot at Walter and a win here would have been the push he needed up to the main event.