Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Any Point to Getting Married? ***SPLIT FROM RAW THREAD***

etz

Except this is wrong

My ex cheated on me with a f****** Randy Orton poster and her brother and I only found out by total accident. Until then things were going swimmingly, now imagine if I had never found out about these things and down the line we got married. And then imagine if I had found out, would I deserve to be stuck in a relationship where I had was behind a glossy photo and a sibling?
Um, no, I think incest is totally grounds for a divorce, even past incest. If she had failed to tell you about it, she'd effectively nullified any vows that were taken, simply by not acting in good faith. I think even the Catholic church would disavow a marriage under those circumstances.

takemethere

No, its not. Annulments are granted for:
Each website I've looked on says different things, I don't know which is right as I'm definitely not a law expert. It really should be though.

I said choose to show, not need to show.
Okay, then I don't understand why people choose marriage to show their commitment.

Simple?! You think a divorce is simple? You have a lot to learn about life, sorry to be condescending but its true.
Simple in the sense that if you want a divorce you'll get one. I've never heard of anyone not being granted one. It's not like I think it's done with the click of a finger, but I'm sure you could teach me a lot about life anyway.

I didn't say anything about the rate of divorce, I don't care much for statistics though.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I REALLY just want to know about this Randy Orton poster/brother scenario. Every time I see a new post in this thread, I'm hoping it's that comment being explained.

Dante Spears

Man I could probably hold out this story and sell it for a subscriber membership :lol:

I'll type it up when I get home from work.

Jung

I don't know how she could cheat on you...with a poster. And if that's even considered cheating?!

Dante Spears

No it wasn't like that.

Basically we were going to go out and I got over a bit early and when I went into her room I found her lying in bed, half dressed with the poster snogging it. I assumed she was joking because a few days earlier we were having a discussion and she was expressing a great love of Randy Orton. That is until a week later when I almost catch her doing it again. I think she heard me coming up the stairs cause I heard her throwing something like paper and I saw the poster behind her dresser when I walked in. Against all logic I continued to believe it was a joke.

Anyway, now time for the part of the story you all want to hear :lol:

Couple months later she tells me her and her family are going away for the week. I found a DVD of hers in my room that she had been looking for and I figured since I was passing by later that day that I would just drop it off in the mail. So I get there, put it in the mail slot and I'm about to leave when I hear something faintly. It was coming from the window in their basement and I peek in to see if they left the TV on and....

Well I'm not going to explain exactly what I saw but you can use your imagination. Next thing I know I'm staggering from the house trying not to throw up.

Paul

No it wasn't like that.

Basically we were going to go out and I got over a bit early and when I went into her room I found her lying in bed, half dressed with the poster snogging it. I assumed she was joking because a few days earlier we were having a discussion and she was expressing a great love of Randy Orton. That is until a week later when I almost catch her doing it again. I think she heard me coming up the stairs cause I heard her throwing something like paper and I saw the poster behind her dresser when I walked in. Against all logic I continued to believe it was a joke.

Anyway, now time for the part of the story you all want to hear :lol:

Couple months later she tells me her and her family are going away for the week. I found a DVD of hers in my room that she had been looking for and I figured since I was passing by later that day that I would just drop it off in the mail. So I get there, put it in the mail slot and I'm about to leave when I hear something faintly. It was coming from the window in their basement and I peek in to see if they left the TV on and....

Well I'm not going to explain exactly what I saw but you can use your imagination. Next thing I know I'm staggering from the house trying not to throw up.
Quoted and saved forever!

FreeSpirit

Pffft I dont need a ring and a piece of paper to tell someone that I love them.

Also dont believe in the sanctity of marriage anymore either. Couples use to take it seriously back in the 60's/70's/80's, and it would last a lifetime. Nowadays a lot of couples treat it with distain, and being married for only a couple of years is seen as a bit of a success.

Not for me...