Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Any other fans of Channel 4's Walter Presents?

Ratings
I am a big fan of Walter Presents on Channel 4, which is a collection of non-English language drama. I had a brilliant time watching the French "Resistance" about young people in the French Resistance during World War II. I also enjoyed the Swedish family Drama "Thicker Than Water".

I know that some people don't like watching drama that is in a language they don't understand, meaning that you have to rely on subtitles, but this doesn't bother me at all.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I've seen parts of Mafiaso and The Black Widow. After awhile it gets hard to pay attention to the screen and read the subtitles at the same time.

Ratings
Hi @ShadowEdge, sorry to hear that you are not keen on reading subtitles, though I will admit, it does sometimes feel a bit like trying to "dual process", ie: trying to follow the action on the screen and read at the same time.

However, I do persist with non-English speaking film and drama, because it does open up whole new worlds. I have really enjoyed French films, and also Japanese films. I find that I quite enjoy Swedish drama, and I may take a look at The Bridge, which is on UK TV at the momnent. Everyone seems to be talking about it.