Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Another Newbie Looking For Rousey Fans

Evelyn

Hi, I've just recently joined. I'm Evelyn and I live in a tiny flat in London. I found you all while searching for more about Ronda Rousey's wrestling gig. I followed her MMA career and am trying to jump into wrestling but none of my mates are interested. Do any women here watch wrestling and MMA? I know lots of blokes are fans here, but I think the blokes tend to focus on male wrestlers a bit more.

ShadowEdge

Welcome to the group! I watch wrestling sometimes, but it's not something I have to see. I'm more into Reality T.V. and docudramas. Talkwhatever has an active community of wrestling fans, so you find yourself in good company.

Poppy

Hello, Evelyn, it's nice to meet you. I'm a lass who watches wrestling; I believe there are a few of us here. I also happen to like Ronda Rousey and she's not the first UFC/MMA fighter to make the switch to professional wrestling. There are several excellent female wrestlers. Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks are two of my favourites to watch. Ruby Riot and Nia Jax are also entertaining.

Zack T

It's my opinion that before 2015, most guys didn't care much about women's wrestling. And that's not because women are inherently worse wrestlers or anything, but because they weren't presented well in WWE. They weren't really given much story, oftentimes women who didn't actually do much wrestling training were used on TV simply because they had a certain look the company liked.

But around 2015 they started really getting their act together and repackaging the women's division to make it much more serious and competitive and it's been a lot better. I think pretty much everyone pays attention to them now.

Evelyn

There are several excellent female wrestlers. Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks are two of my favourites to watch. Ruby Riot and Nia Jax are also entertaining.
I'll have to check those other women out. I know that Rousey was supposed to wrestle Jax, but something happened and Rousey was disqualified. I have a hard time telling fact from fiction when it comes to wrestling and I missed the match because I couldn't find it. Jax looks much larger than Rousey, so they must not wrestle within certain weight divisions like I originally thought. Jax looks super fit, but also super tall.

But around 2015 they started really getting their act together and repackaging the women's division to make it much more serious and competitive and it's been a lot better. I think pretty much everyone pays attention to them now.
That's good to know! Thanks for explaining the evolution. Cheers!