Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

An off-season?

DandyMandy

Does entertainment wrestling need an off-season? Most sports have an off-season. Most television shows have an off-season too. So why doesn't wrestling? It's been debated for some time and it seems many WWE wrestlers have pushed for it, but what do the fans want?

Zack T

I don't think it'll happen, due to money. Shifting to an off season would be a big loss in revenue from ticket sales, event buys, network subscriptions, and advertising. That would lead to wrestlers also being paid less, and I don't think they'd be too happy about that.

That being said, they do need to find a way to give the wrestlers breaks. I think a rotation would be good, where groups of wrestlers work less (or none) non-televised events/signings for periods of time to give them a bit more home life and less stress on their bodies.

Ogmore

I'd like an off-season as it would give me a chance to miss it. Even if they just took out RAW and had that roster take a break, then have them come back on so that the SmackDown roster can take a break and so on. You'd have a chance to miss your favourites and you could enjoy getting to know different wrestlers instead of having it all crammed together every week.